The Joliet Slammers Professional Baseball Club is proud to once again have our reading program for the 2013 season – “Spikes’ Super Students! Our mascot Spikes can’t wait to visit as many schools and libraries as he can!
Students can join simply by reading, writing, and being a champion both in and out of the classroom!
How it Works:
- -Every four books/hours/pages read (depending on age), the students will earn one Joliet Slammers lawn ticket voucher.
- -Students have the opportunity to earn up to four (4) ticket vouchers – simply by reading!
- -The vouchers can be redeemed on any Tuesday or Wednesday home game from May-August this season.
- -Kids can participate in a pre-game parade on the field with Spikes as the grand marshal.
- -The kids can also run the bases after the game on each Tuesday and Wednesday!
- -Only the students can use the vouchers.
- -Additional lawn tickets are only $5 and as always, parking is FREE!
Spikes’ Essay Contest – “What makes you a champion both inside and outside of the classroom?”
- -Open to students K-8th grade – Teachers should set parameters for the essay based on learning level.
-Spikes will pick one winning essay from each participating school. The winning student will have the opportunity to throw out a first pitch before a 2013 Slammers home game at Silver Cross Field!
Donate a Book to Kids in Need – Truly be a “Super Student!”
- -The Joliet Slammers will be collecting books to donate to local non-profit organizations in the area.
-Bring a new or gently used book to the ATI Information Booth on the 1st base side of the concourse behind section 105 and receive a coupon for 10% off merchandise in “The Clink.”
- -Only one coupon per person per game.
Schools and libraries can also book Spikes to come and visit!
For more information or to join the Reading Program, please contact Kelli Drechsel, Assistant General Manager/Promotions at email@example.com or 815.722.2287.